Text data analysis can help an organization derive potentially valuable business insights from text-based content such as word documents, email and postings on social media streams like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Mining unstructured data with natural language processing (NLP), statistical modeling and machine learning techniques can be challenging. Data Dreamers at VeriVal have helped partners process unstructured (textual) information, extract meaningful numeric indices from the text, and make the information contained in the text accessible to statistical and machine learning algorithms.
VeriVal uses the below concepts, principles, and major algorithms in text data analysis:
- Natural language processing and text representation
- Word association mining
- Topic mining and analysis with statistical topic models
- Text clustering and categorization
- Opinion mining and sentiment analysis
- Integrative analysis of text and structured data